Fussy & Fabulous Halloween Hexies with Kelly Ashton (Saturday,October 3) KA6
Taught by Kelly Ashton
Saturday, October 3, 2020
2:00-4:00 pm Eastern
(Click here for Time Zone Converter)
Want to schedule this class for your store or guild? Click here to learn more.
This Halloween Table Topper uses fussy cutting to get big impact from its simple construction. It's sure to add zing to your autumn decorating, whether you lean “sweet” or “spooky” with your fabric choices. And of course, this pattern can be adapted for any holiday or season by choosing different fabrics.
Fussy-cutting truly gives a quilt block - or a whole quilt - that “wow-factor”! The extra detail achieved by strategically cutting patchwork pieces far outweighs the little bit of extra time and attention required to cut the fabric.
This is another of Kelly's “one and done” projects: piece one Hex-in-a-Hex block, quilt, bind, and DONE!! Warning: Like eating potato chips, you likely won’t be able to stop with just one! Make more and combine them for a "spook-tacular" quilt.
Join Kelly for this fun, quick-to-complete, “BOO-tiful” project!
In this class, we will cover:
- Fabric selection and placement to attain the “wow-factor”
- Learn how Kelly categorizes fabrics for fussy-cutting and how to recognize prints that are perfect for fussy-cutting.
- Fabric preparation / stabilization
- Cutting “fussy-cut” patchwork
- Learn how to utilize template reference points to isolate specific areas of fabric so reproducible cutting is easily accomplished.
- Piecing and pressing the block
- Yes, this block has some set-in seams (Y-seams) in its construction. Let Kelly show you how simple these seams are to master, yielding excellent, interesting blocks!
- You can piece and press this block in under 15 minutes. Yes, you are experienced, but what if it took you twice as long? You still have a wonderful block pieced and ready to quilt in practically no time!
Related products (items on the Materials List):
Purchase your class enrollment on this site,
then purchase other items on the materials list with the teacher using the instructions below:
Book: Kelly’s book, Hexagons, Diamonds, Triangles, and More (Martingale, 2014) is optional. It can be purchased for $25.00 US by emailing Kelly (include your phone number and mailing address in the email, please) at email@example.com
We Also Recommend
Fearless Free-Motion Fills and Frills with Jenny K. Lyon (Tuesday, September 29 and October 6) JL1
Free-Motion Mastery in a Month Club Hosted by Sew Many Things Sewing Center (September 17, 24, October 1, 8, 22 and November 5) RM22
T-Shirt Quilt . . . As You Go! Session 2 (October 13, 20, 27 and November 10) RM25A