Come Teach with Us!
Teaching classes through Live Online Quilt Classes is a great way to connect with your students and gain new ones! Teaching from home saves you the hassle and time of travel. You can stay connected with your students, reach new ones, and continue to earn, right from the comfort of your own home studio.
How does it work?
Start with a class that you already teach -- you have the materials ready!
We work with you to schedule the class. Then, we set it up on our website, advertise it and handle enrollments. We provide you marketing materials so you can reach out to your fan base in the same way you always have. (We can also partner you with a host store to help boost your enrollment even more.)
We link the class to your website where students can buy required or recommended class items directly from you. We also set up a password-protected page where enrolled students can find any class materials that you might want them to see before class -- materials lists, class handouts, preparation instructions, etc.
We'll help you set up technology you already have at home to broadcast the class and do a practice session with you so you'll know what to expect during the class. (You don't need a lot of lights and cameras. In fact, you probably don't even need to clean your studio!)
On the day of the class, we provide a "tech host" / moderator who helps your students get set up and makes sure everything goes smoothly during the class so that you can be comfortable and just focus on teaching.
We record the class and post it in a private Facebook group (for a limited time) so your students can view the class, post their work, interact with you and each other, and continue learning.
Once the class is finished, you get paid! (We like fast methods like PayPal and Zelle, but we're just as happy to send you a check.)
Interested in teaching with Live Online Quilt Class
Send the information below to email@example.com.
- A short paragraph about what your quilting passion is and what makes you unique/special as a quilt teacher.
- Contact information including website and social media links
- A resume of your teaching experience, including major shows, if any.
- Describe any video teaching experience you have had. Provide recordings or links to online classes.
- Title of the class
- Photographs of the projects from proposed class
- Description of the class: Highlight key skills students will learn that are unique to your process. Classes should center on these key skills, not just present a project.
- List of books/tools/products that you sell.
Please note that in selecting classes, the first class you teach with us will be a single-session class from 2 to 4 hours long. Once we select a possible class, we will ask you to submit an outline of how you will teach the class, including approximate timing. We may also ask you to prepare an audition which we will do live with you by video conference. This audition should include three segments:
- one showing you standing and talking to the camera
- one showing you demonstrating something at your cutting/work table
one showing you demonstrating something at your sewing machine.
If you have a question and would like to receive more information before submitting a proposal, you may email us via our Contact page.